To send an e-Transfer
- In the KOHO app, tap the $ symbol > Transfer Money > tap the Add a Recipient icon in the top right-hand corner
- Enter the name and email of the person you want to send money
- Enter the amount you want to send
- Select e-Transfer
- If the person you're sending funds to is also on KOHO, you can send them a free, instant KOHO to KOHO (K2K) transfer.
- You will then be prompted to create a Security Question and Answer
- Carefully review all the details you entered, as you will not be able to change the name of a Recipient once created
- Click Send Now
- It may take 30 - 90 minutes for the recipient to receive your e-Transfer
- 🙋 Just a heads up that the e-Transfer will come from KOHO Financial Inc. In the message details, your name will be in parentheses.
If you are having trouble sending an e-Transfer, check that:
- All fields entered, such as recipient's name, security question and security answer are between 3 - 40 characters.
- Security answer can not be the same as the security question.
- No special characters ($,%,?) allowed for the security answer or security question
If you have a question mark in your security question, you would have to remove it
- Check that you have not exceeded the Account Velocity Limits
🕔 If the recipient is not receiving the e-Transfer 🕔
The Interac network may have flagged your transfer for review. This process is manual and can take anywhere from 5 min to a few hours.
If you are experiencing issues, here are some tips:
- You can try to cancel and resubmit the e-transfer
- If the recipient has an alternate email address, try canceling your current transfer and send it to that one instead
Let us know through our in-app chat if you have any questions 💫
tags: etransfer, e-Transfer